Monday, January 11, 2010

Mmmm....food.

Two posts in one day! My awesomeness is overwhelming, I know. Just take a deep breath, we'll get through this together.

So, you know how every couple has the thing they really, really suck at? The boy and I suck at quality time. We are both independent and like our space, so we tend to be in the same vicinity a lot, but rarely in the same room. My schedule is gradually leaning towards night owl, while the boy remains a morning person. I will never understand the morning person, but that is a whole other post.

We have had conversation after conversation about ways that we can try to spend more quality time together. The boy always suggests watching TV together, which just makes me laugh because it is far too cute that it is his solution to everything. Again, another post. One of the suggestions we came up with was a date night. You know what else we really suck at? Following through on solutions to our problems. I think we have been talking about date night for a month now and have not actually followed through on it yet.

Sunday night, I got an IM (yes we IM each other from different floors - I told you, we suck at life) from the boy linking to a deal at a super high end steak house, Ruth's Chris. It is a national chain, so I am sure that most of you have heard of it. I believe they charge you $10 just to mention them. I should be getting my bill shortly. Well, it is a three course meal for about $40 a person. The last time I ate there, the bill for two people was about $200. Now, granted, we drank at the bar before and after. But, still. This place is not cheap, so this is a sweet ass deal.

He made reservations for tomorrow at 7:00 pm and offered to pay. This is not a jeans and nice shirt kind of place, so we get to get dressed up, something we NEVER do. Mostly because we both do not like to, but every once in a while, it feels nice.

I am so excited there are not words. He chose the best date night ever. Amazing food, amazing wine, amazing romantic atmosphere, and something completely out of character for us.

Sometimes you realize how good you have it over the simplest of things. Being pampered with amazing food always does it for me.

And... cheesy moment over...you may now resume your regularly scheduled bitter programming.

2 comments:

Big Jed said...

Aw, how sweet. And you topped your evening off with meat sweats, yes?

Ann said...

Yay for date night!