Thursday, March 11, 2010

This started with focus, I swear...

Against my better judgement, I have let my 85 year old return to his former home. I have very mixed feelings about this. It is where he wants to be, but I feel like that is the first symptom of Stockholm's Syndrome. (For the record, I have asked like 10 people what that is called and all of them, including myself at first, initially came up with Munchhausen's. I find this kind of eerie...)

The situation is probably not that bad. Probably. But, let's just say I had a "meeting" tonight where I cited state law to prove that living conditions were not meeting legal requirements for psychological reasons. Let's just also say this was not met with a cheer from the crowd. So, my family life is a little weird. I vowed to interject myself into the situation and work to help improve it. The stress of caring for an elderly early stages Alzheimer's patient is taking it's toll and I really do get that. But, the bottom line is that my grandfather is a person and I refuse to allow the living conditions he was in prior to this week continue.

Having said that, do you all need a minute to stare at the screen in awe at the craziness that is my life right now? Because I just reread that paragraph and thought, huh, I guess that did all happen. Weird. Should I have a nervous breakdown now? Because I really feel like I should. What is weird about me (other than everything) is that the small stuff will get to me to the point where I will make myself sick. The big stuff? Psh. I've got this. I am a good person to have around in a crisis. Unless that crisis is a paper cut, then I will probably weep in the corner until it stops hurting.

Does anyone else feel like I need an entourage of therapists at all times? Or that this blog will one day be used as evidence to commit me? Or that this song will be what finally drives me over the edge?

Go watch this. Like, now.

DID THAT JUST HAPPEN? OK, I used to describe that song as an auditory acid trip, but now, I just don't know. Is that really the, like for reals, video? Did he accidentally fall into Toy Story IV: Woody Drinks the Magic Potion. This was my face during THE ENTIRE VIDEO:
Also, I am now bald? And I have no pupils. OK, let's just be honest, I got a new face.

Can someone please tell me that spending my free time hating a song is not healthy? Because I have tweeted about this song at least twice. I am going to need you all to send help. And beer. OK, let's be honest...ALWAYS send beer. But, this time, can you attach a little note with a smiley face that says "I killed the fireflies." Address it to the person in the corner rocking back and forth and swatting at imaginary fireflies.

So, this post took a weird turn. Huh. It's been a weird day.

2 comments:

whimsy said...

Let me preface this with the fact that I love that song. You know I love that song, but we have very different tastes in music. So, I'm letting it be, which ironically enough, is probably another song that I love and you hate. In fact, I'm sure of it.

To your papa. I don't know how I feel about the fact that you let him move back in with Tim Gunn and his hetero life partner. As usual, I'm going to assume that you know what's best and that you wouldn't let papa leave unless you knew he was going to be safe and happy. I support your decision even if it's not one that I would have made in your position. There, I've said my piece (Question, is this a turn of phrase in which I should have used "peace"? I don't really know. It's not the kind of thing that one usually types, it's more like something that one would say. You know? Wow, tangent. Anyway, have a nice night.)

Ann said...

You have a new face? The chick on the Nip/Tuck episode that I watched last night tried to get a new face. It turned into buckets of fail.

Also, I'm mildly amused at myself that the previous thought was what I chose to comment on in all of your post.

I'm out of my mind.