Friday, April 24, 2009

Cleaning Day

Grandma: I am going to clean today, but I can't find any rags.
Erratic: They are in the blue basket in the basement. That is all rags.
Grandma: I looked there, all I found was this old stained towel.
Erratic: That is a rag.
Grandma: Oh.

**Approximately 15 minutes passes, I am watching Chuck and paying no attention to her.**

Erratic: Where did all the pictures on my mantle go?
Grandma: They wouldn't fit.
Erratic: Where are they?
Grandma: I don't know.
Erratic: Well, you had to put them somewhere.
Grandma: I put most of them in the bathroom.
Erratic: Why would I want my pictures in the bathroom?
Grandma: Because they wouldn't fit on the mantle.
Erratic: OK, you win.

**I again, zone out on the television and am paying no attention.**

Erratic: Why are all my pictures on the end table?
Grandma: You sounded upset about them being the bathroom.
Erratic: Well, now they are just stacked on the end table. I can't see them.
Grandma: Well, you can rotate them. You really have too many pictures.
Erratic: OK, you win.

**Another 15 or so minutes have passed**

Grandma: This dusting spray you have is worthless.
Erratic: All my cleaning supplies are animal friendly. They aren't quite as good as the regular stuff, but they are safe for kids, people, and animals.
Grandma: Oh, well, that is nice of you. Why do your dogs shed so much?
Erratic: Because it is spring. It is shedding season and I haven't been able to brush them.
Grandma: Do you think I could just run the vacuum over them?
Erratic: (stunned face, no response)
Grandma: I mean, lightly. I wouldn't hurt them. I'd use the hose.
Erratic: I don't think that is such a good idea.
Grandma: Well, somebody needs to vacuum them, because the shedding is out of hand.
Erratic: I will have the boy brush them tonight.
Grandma: Well, that is fine, but tell him not to leave the hair all over the floor.
Erratic: Do you think that is what I do, is brush them and throw their hair in the floor?
Grandma: Well, I just can't think of any other explanation for all this hair. How much water have you had today?
Erratic: I don't know, I haven't been counting.
Grandma: Well, if you aren't going to drink tomato juice, you should at least be drinking water.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I can't stop laughing. I love Grandma!

Big Jed said...

Would you like any other substance besides the painkillers? Something to go with your tomato juice, perhaps? Sounds like you might need it by the time I get there. Seriously. You'll be phyically healthy, but completely insane by the time this is all over with.