Sunday, December 5, 2010

Gay Marriage

I think that it is extremely rude to think that I have any right to say who can and cannot get married. I don't have that right and either does anyone else. If two consenting adults want to get married, so be it. If those same two people want to have children, they should have children. If they want to adopt a child that needs a home, they are better people than I am. If they want the ability to make decisions regarding every member of their family, they should be allowed to do that. They should get health insurance and baby albums and anniversaries. 

I don't really understand who the fuck people think they are telling someone they love the wrong person. I am not saying that people do not have the right to disagree with some one's lifestyle. They have the right to live the lifestyle they want with whomever they want. End of story. Judge people, fine. Think that homosexuality is wrong. Whatever. But, what happens when we go too far? What happens when it's not just gay marriage, but interracial marriage? Remember when that was illegal? 

Two men or two women getting married hurts nobody. Absolutely nobody. So, what the fuck is the problem?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do what you want with who you want and be happy in the process. We have a problem in this country, there are a bunch of children making the laws. One person bitches or another person doesn't like something and the dumb fucks in congress or even at the state level cater to those people and say everyone must conform. Granted I'm about as straight as you can get but I fucking can't stand other people telling me what I can and can't do. Bitter party of one. (P.S. You probably thought me and G with two D's didn't read this anymore. We are still dedicated fans.)

Erratic said...

I love you both, S with an O and G with two D's. Miss you guys!