Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Car Accident

Those of you that have been reading along with everyone who is doing this little game, I am going to say about the same thing.

My best friend gets in a car accident, but we got in a fight an hour before it. What do I do?

I go to the hospital. I sit by my friend's bedside. I cry. I apologize. I hug them. I love them. I bring flowers and stuffed animals and balloons and trashy magazines and crossword puzzles. 

The thing is, the fight was one moment in what is likely years of friendship. It was one disagreement. It doesn't define or change anything. That would be stupid. And if it was that kind of fight? A fight that you can't come back from, my answer is the same. You see your friend through this and you revisit the issue. If you still can't come back from it, you part ways. But, you never ever ever ever ever EVER walk away when someone you love needs you. 

On a totally unrelated note, why do all military personnel want to be on Wheel of Fortune? I mean, statistically speaking, there are a lot more military personnel than any other occupation. This baffles me. 

1 comment:

Ann said...

I thought this prompt was silly. Totally. But oh well. They can't all be winners.