Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Another boring 10 things...Ugh. I am boring.


  1. I have never had an actual anxiety attack. I think I have come close...heart racing, uncontrollable fear, palms sweating. When I get really anxious, I lose the ability to move my hands. I don't know how to explain it, it's like they form a claw and I can't un-claw them. Not a fist. A claw. My heart starts racing every single time I see that camera angle at the top of a roller coaster. When faced with the actual thing, I get the claw. Just thinking about it is making my palms sweat.
  2. I am doing a mead dinner next month at work. I am really excited, but also terrified. People are going to pay good money for this dinner and pairing is not my strong suit. But, in an effort to be more of a bad ass and hence more confident, I am going to kill it. KILL IT.
  3. I found a sweatshirt that I thought I lost and it was the best thing that has ever happened ever. It has a strange story...when my ex and I started dating, I went to Seattle for a week and bought him a sweatshirt. I gave it to him and he wore it once, then I stole it back because it was so incredibly comfy and amazing. It is huge on me and I just don't care. That isn't really that strange. Or really a story. This entire bullet point should just not be a thing.
  4. The new guy at work hasn't figured me out yet. I said the phrase "Start at the back" and he said "I always start at the back" and then apologized for making me uncomfortable. I almost laughed in his face. Instead, I just walked away. My safe word is gang rape...dude, my grandmother wouldn't have been offended by that lame ass joke. Speaking of my grandmother...
  5. My grandmother turns 80 in May. Today she told me that she hung an entire art show by herself. Now, let me tell you, I have hung art shows with her. And I left sore, sweaty, and exhausted. Art work is HEAVY. And the gallery never ever likes the first place you put anything. I am so proud to be her granddaughter. She is a tough old broad and I can only hope to be as strong, independent, and intelligent as she is. And, let's be honest, I've already got the crazy part down.
  6. If you are not playing Draw Something with me already, mother fucker, not cool. I am addicted. DO IT. DO IT NOW. My username is SwithanH. I am terrible. You have been warned.
  7. I can't decide if I love or hate Zoey Deschanel. It kind of plagues me. Reason number 742 I need therapy. 
  8. My dad went to StL for the weekend to see my sister and brought me back cupcakes from some bakery that won cupcake wars on Food Network. He stopped into work today to give them to me and holy fucking balls, they were delicious. I shared, of course, so they were gone in about 3 seconds.
  9. We have been cleaning out shit because the new house has no storage. I came across a notebook of poetry I wrote. Maybe I will publish some here...but it brings up the question...do you have notebooks? I have so many I can't even count. Notebooks for food, for writing, for poetry...is this weird? 
  10. I am ridiculously happy. Not just the house shit, just everything. Perfect job, perfect boy, soon to be perfect house...shit is just awesome right now. I am much funnier when everything sucks, I realize this. Sorry about the cheese...

1 comment:

Ann said...

You are not boring. I LOVED this post.

Fun sidenote. That gourmet cupcake place? Less than a mile from my apartment, and only because you have to cross the highway to get to it. Walking distance, easy. They're so good.