Thursday, February 2, 2012

Organization

When I moved into my condo, the biggest struggle was the kitchen. It is a galley kitchen with very little storage space. For a while I had a shelf next to the trash can where all my pantry goods went. But, it was dirty and messy and I hated it. So, years ago, my mom suggested I transform the front hall closet into a pantry. It is much easier to find a place to put coats (a decorative hook in the front hallway) than all my pantry goods. So, needless to say, I have a pretty large pantry. The problem is, it is hard to keep organized because it is really deep. And I can't reach the top shelf. Also, I may need a lentil intervention. 

So...I finally came up with a system that I think will work. I took pictures. Because apparently that is what I am doing this week, just posting a bunch of pictures.

 Somebody had to be involved every step of the way. Also, this is a terrible quality picture.
 Scary eyes...scary pantry.
 Spices and jars and such.


 This is preferred to the previous organizational paradigm...throw them in the corner-ish and never see them again.
My favorite label. It contains wheat germ, ingredients for making granola, spelt flour, etc.

2 comments:

Jos said...

Dude, I love the space you have in that closet. Awesome.

Big Jed said...

You didn't tell them about the flour. And the fact that I screamed at you for making too much noise in the microphone of your hands free device.

I am now no longer terrified to get something out of or put something into your pantry. That sounds kinda dirty.