Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Boy and the Holiday Which Will Not Be Named.

My card to the boy:

"A love like ours is rare and precious as a perfectly cut diamond. Intricately faceted, shimmering and dazzling, and promising to last forever. And on this most special Valentines Day, I simply have to say...

I think this card made me throw up in my mouth a little. (Sorry. I do think our love is pretty awesome, though.)"

His reaction:

I was going to say, that was a little weird. That wasn't like you at all.

I like it. Ha. I like it.

This is why we work. He may be romantic (the dinner that we weren't supposed to go on to save money... I just found out he is surprising me with dinner at an undisclosed location) but I am so completely not romantic. But food is always romantic to me. And he loves to surprise me and try to convince me that we are actually going to the Waffle House Valentines Day. I so know we aren't.

It may not be the norm. It may not be what every girl dreams of. But, it is what this girl dreams of. I so love this man.

Happy Valentines Day, baby. Even if I really, really, really hate this holiday. I do it for you.

2 comments:

Big Jed said...

Okay, now I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Jos said...

Hahaha, that totally sounds like us. Valentine's Day is NOT a holiday in our house.