Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bah Humbug


Bradshaw is decorating her tree today and posting the progress on Twitter.

Big Jed just put up her tree.

Krackle is posting Christmas pics of the kids.

I helped decorate my parent's house Thanksgiving weekend.

All the neighbors have lights out and trees shining in their windows.

Maybe it is because our families are all going to be gone this year.

Maybe it is because we already bought our Christmas present to each other.

Maybe it's just because I am a big, fucking giant Scrooge.

I want to decorate the house and feel in the Christmas spirit, I really do.

It just isn't in me this year. And it's kind of depressing.

Bah Humbug.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I swear, I wasn't into it until I started putting the damn thing up. Then I was all "OH I REMEMBER HOW AWESOME THIS PART IS!!"

Sorry for blowing up your Twitter timeline. :D

Big Jed said...

Historically, I have been the biggest Scrooge of them all. Something happened this year. I want to just sit and look at my tree because it's so fucking pretty. It makes me get all misty. But there are so many years that I felt nothing. Don't be too hard on yourself. I'll come jingle your bells. HAHA, see what I did there? Da-da-dirty