Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I am a book nerd

I read a lot of books. My favorite thing in the world is compromised of a glass of wine, a blanket, and a book. It's my happy place, the place I go to to escape everything else. I become a wizard at Hogwarts or a vampire in Elizabethan England or a soldier in World War II. I read everything; fiction and non fiction, classics, fantasy, cookbooks, everything. I love it. I want to get swept away into someone else's world, whether real or not, and escape my own.

My kindle is full of books, categorized and waiting to be read. I buy only the cheap ones when Amazon runs it's specials and I have bought some truly terrible books and I have found some of the most amazing books I have ever read. Most of them are about witches and wizards, I admit it. Those books just seem to be on sale. Oh, and books by Glenn Beck. Not even downloading that shit if it is free.

I was pleasantly surprised when Amazon was giving away one of it's top books of the month. That almost never happens. I downloaded it and immediately began reading. I finished the book in a week and was left sort of empty. It wasn't finished. No way this story was finished. I went to amazon to look for a sequal. Nope. Nothing. I googled and found the author's website. 

You guys, it's a trilogy.  TRILOGY. And the third book doesn't come out until 2012. TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE. Does the world not know about my total lack of patience? Does Amazon not understand that giving away a good book a year before it's sequel comes out is cruel?

I am not happy.

2 comments:

Krackle said...

What is the book?

Jos said...

Oooh - that's SO frustrating. I'm the same way with my Kindle - I'm all about the freebies. :)