Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Something I hope I never have to do.

There are a lot of things I hope I never have to do.

Eat a cockroach.

Hug a clown.

Meet Ryan Seacrest.

Kill a hobo.

To name a few. But, my biggest fear, the thing I hope I never ever have to do is to take someone off of life support. I know that it is unlikely that will ever happen. But, the thought of having to make that decision paralyzes me. I am a very pragmatic person, so I would make a decision based on what the doctors recommended. I know that I could do it. And I would be able to handle making the decision. I wouldn't sit and think what if, it's just not the way that I am. I would be more than capable of deciding and would probably be the best person in my family to do it. 

But, I do not ever ever ever want to. Ever. I cannot emphasize that enough.

No comments: