Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thirsty?

On the way home from the grocery store today, I was craving a Dr. Pepper. Dr. Pepper is one of my favorite things on earth and I try very hard not to drink soda. I mostly fail. So, I decided to run through a drive-thru and just indulge myself. I decided on KFC, it was the most convenient.

I have been to KFC MAYBE 10 times in my entire life. It just isn't someplace I eat. I pull up to the Muppet microphone and order a large Dr. Pepper. The guy asks me if I would like to upgrade to a mega for only 50 cents more. Sure! More Dr. Pepper. How could this go wrong?


It had a handle, much like you would expect to see on, say, a bucket you would take to the beach to build sand castles. CASTLES. You would not order a castle sized drink, would you? I placed the water bottle next to it as a reference to the gigantic size of the bucket 'o Dr. Pepper. Also, Colonel Sanders is creeping the hell out of me.

I drank about, 1/3 of it before the caffeine/sugar buzz took over and I switched to wine. Krackle and her daughter (Krackle Jr of course) came over, and she did not seem nearly as disturbed as I was by the sheer size of this fountain drink. I think that KFC is trying to take over the world. One bucket of Dr. Pepper at a time.

1 comment:

Krackle said...

I wasn't overly disturbed, I admit it. I am more disturbed now that I see there is a handle. I did not see it when I was there. Why would you need a handle for your drink? confused.