Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Grandma Goes to the Post Office

A little background: My grandmother has sent me a $100 check since the day I moved out of her house. I don't know why. I have never really asked, I guess. It's just one of those things. I have told her I don't need it, that she doesn't have to, but the check comes every month without fail. If I do not cash it within 5 days of her putting it in the mail, all hell breaks loose. Observe.

Erratic: Hello
Grandma: Did you get the check I sent you?
Erratic: No.
Grandma: This the second one in a week. You didn't get the last one did you?
Erratic: No. I got a page out of Reader's Digest about a pillow you put on your chair to help your back. That is it since you left.
Grandma: Your postman is robbing you.
Erratic: I am sure it is just a mistake or something wrong at the post office.
Grandma: Erratic (first and middle name) open your eyes. Your postman is robbing you.
Erratic: Have the checks been cashed?
Grandma: Well, no.
Erratic: Are you missing money in anyway?
Grandma: That is not the point. What if he is collecting them?
Erratic: To accumulate a mass fortune, $100 at a time?
Grandma: Stranger things have happened?
Erratic: I will call the post office tomorrow.
Grandma: Call me as soon as you hear. That postman should be fired.
Erratic: OK, I will
Grandma: What did you have for dinner?
Erratic: I used leftover pork to make pork fried rice.
Grandma: Did you have a salad with it?
Erratic: Yes.
Grandma: Good. You should really be drinking tomato juice.

I am buying her a case of tomato juice for Christmas.

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

I'm pretty sure I love your grandma.