Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pardon Me

Today was a weird day. It was one of those days where you wake up and think you are going to have a horrible day...and then it's not so bad. But, you feel like you are walking 2 steps to the left of everyone else. I will tell you about two of the things, because, seriously, there were about 12. One of which included a long conversation with a coworker I barely know about who does and does not smoke pot at work.

The day began with me almost getting run off the road. I was trying to merge onto the highway and a semi-truck started to come over into my lane. So, I honked my horn. The problem is that my horn is a complete pussy. Instead of "get the fuck out of my lane" it sounds like "pardon me sir, if it does not inconvenience you in anyway, would you mind not running me over and killing me?" And then you get run over and killed. Lucky for me, the person behind me realized my horn had the shock power of a teddy bear, so they honked, alerting the truck to the fact that it was about to kill me. OK, maybe not kill me...but at least run me off the road and risk the possibility of a flat tire. The horror.

A lot of weird shit happened in between.

I get home, after going to happy hour with some co-workers (and having the pot conversation), and there is this huge dog drama in the middle of my street. There was a guy with a doberman, a guy with a bull mastiff, and a girl with a golden lab. They were staged like this:

So, I can't get by because they are in the middle of the road and they all are glaring at each other. I assumed there was some sort of dog fight prior to my arrival. They finally move off to the side of the road, I drive by, and get out of my car. Then, I see Doberman dude go ape shit on his dog. He threw him to the ground and the dog started barking and snapping at him. (Duh! I would have too.) He has this dog pinned to the ground on his back and is repeatedly hitting it with it's leash and yelling "no." I froze. I just stood there astounded that this was happening in front of me. By the time I had regained my composure, he was walking away. If I knew where this prick lived, I would have called the police.

Instead, I went inside, gave both of my dogs a big hug and a rawhide. People are ass holes.

Also - my paint skills are fucking awesome. I should win awards for that shit.

And this post was kind of random. Just like my day. I felt it was appropriate.

4 comments:

The Boy said...

I LOVE the Paint skills.... I was thinking your car was the TV that has been sitting out next door, until i took a 2nd look. ;)

Big Jed said...

The part about the asshole beating his dog made me cry a little from sadness. The picture of the scene made me cry a little from laughing at the depiction of your car. MAD paint skills, yo!

Kristen said...

Will you please start posting a paint picture a post? I really enjoyed it.

Gypsy said...

Once I figured out that you weren't an alien with goggly eyes and that the sketch was of your car, not your person, I was totally on board.