Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mad Props and Wanda Sykes

So, I may have had a few beers. And I may be slightly biased because I voted for him. But, dude, I love Obama. I have spent the past few hours watching the White House Correspondents' Dinner footage.

Wanda Sykes=hilarious.

Also, Obama made me laugh. Like a lot.

In my twenty something years, I have voted in 3 presidential elections. Two of them were against Bush. I will not make this blog political. I refuse. Because I am stubborn on politics. I don't want to turn this into that forum. But, I freaking love that man. I trust him. As much as you can trust a politician. That may be naive. And I don't care. I want to believe him. I want to trust him. I want everything he says to be true.

But, you know what? I don't care if I am wrong. It feels good to believe. It feels good to have hope. It feels good to see a president laugh when Wanda Sykes completely makes fun of him. It feels good to see him make fun of himself. And the people around us. It feels good to see humor in the White House, to see them laughing with us.

I want to see this country flourish again. To see people stand up and fight for what is right, to make people finally hold the elite accountable. To see this country realize that the middle class is fading away. To fight to bridge the gap between the wealthy and the poor. To fight for human rights. To fight to unite this country again. To stand up against things like torture, instead of promoting it. To stop being so selfish and self centered. To care about our fellow man or woman. To recognize when the people around us are in need and to help, to not just sit back and do nothing. To care about the world around us, instead of caring about ourselves.

Maybe I am too optimistic.

Maybe I shouldn't have shared.

Maybe I am guilty of these things sometimes.

Maybe I should get mad props for posting twice in one day.

Maybe I should never say mad props, even though I think it makes me sound totally awesome.

2 comments:

Big Jed said...

After reading this post, I would like to cast my vote for you selling everything, buying a VW bus and travelling around like a hippie. Please pick me and the girls up around noon... We're coming with, and they WILL get along with the boys.
PS - I'm growing my hair out into dreads and not shaving my pits. Deal with it.

Gypsy said...

A-freaking-men.