Saturday, May 23, 2009

Beware: Cheesiness Ahead.

Lately, I have been living in some sort of blog dream world. People that I admire, that I read, have been reading this blog. And posting comments. And I know that this is how the blog world works. I know that because I started commenting on blogs as Erratic as opposed to "real me" that eventually they would be curious and read my blog. But, I feel like I just met Kurt Vonnegut. And he's all dead. (Was that too soon? I feel like it might have been too soon.) And I simultaneously fainted and peed and it was the best day ever.

Here is the thing. I love to write. I sit there and write stories in my head on my way to work. I write poetry and short stories constantly on anything that life will let me get my hands on. I am always writing. My brain pretty much functions in two mediums: story and picture. It is how I think. I see the entire world through the lens of a camera (when I choose to look) and my entire life is quantified in how I will tell others about it.

Here is what is weird. I hate talking. I hate being the center of attention. I hate people's focus to be on me. When I started this blog, it was an outlet for me to write. Because sometimes things don't warrant a short story. Or really much of anything. I cannot tell you how many posts I have written that I haven't posted. I kept it private. I slowly started to let a few very close people in to read it. The boy was first. Then Big Jed. Then Krackle. Then Mrs. Williams. Then other friends started slowly trickling in.

But, I kept it private. And I feel like I owe an explanation for that. I don't want the attention. Plain and simple, I don't. But, anonymous me? Anonymous me does. I want to know what people think. But, holy fucking shit, I am terrified to know what people think.

So...the point of this post...I want a review. I really respect these people. Some of my favorite blogs have come from their reviews. They are some of my favorite bloggers. (One of their reviewers has another blog that I have read forever. And she has read and commented on my blog - Hi Gypsy! - and I absolutely fucking love her.) People whose lives have become a part of my own. Because that is what is weird about blogging...you make these friends. These people that you will have in your life forever. But, it is a community. A community I, admittedly, want to be a part of.

AND I AM SO FUCKING BECOMING A PART OF IT. It is the most exhilarating thing that has ever happened to me. Seriously. I am not sure if anything I say is interesting or if I am really any good at this. One day I will grow a pair and submit this blog for a review. Until then, I hope this community continues to embrace me. I hope I will stop posting cheesy things about it. But, mostly, I hope that these people really become a part of my life. I have read about theirs for, at least, a year. Some for many years.

They are all a part of my life. I hope that, eventually, I can become a part of theirs.

4 comments:

Gypsy said...

This has made my ever-loving day! No, my week. Probably my month.

Will this make you feel even better? I totally starred and shared one of your posts the other day in my Google Reader.

I'm flattered that you like my blog. Seriously, really very flattered. It's nice to be thought well of by talented people.

You've read me forever? Really? <--- squeaky

Erratic said...

I read blogs for a really long time without commenting, until I had my own and realized how much I LOVED comments. So, yeah, forever.

And, yes, that totally makes me feel better. Now you have made MY day. :)

Sarah said...

One time Dan from [redacted] commented on my blog, and I basically peed my pants. He is the funniest person on Earth. Now I will go over to Gypsy...

Erratic said...

Sarah - I found [redacted] through you! His post on trying to find the apartment with the barking dog. I am laughing just thinking about it.

Also, I almost peed when you commented. Seriously. This is, just, surreal to me. Wonderfully, wonderfully surreal.