Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Wit

I am about to tell you the story of one of the funniest nights of my life. One of my best friends and I used to be roommates. We will call her Krackle. We started this tradition of roommate Christmas, which stuck, even after we no longer lived together. The last year that we continued this tradition we did a blind wine tasting at my house. This consisted of a bunch of friends, and this:
I said it was a blind taste testing. There 12 bottles in all, and about 8 people. Drunkeness shall ensue.

So, we gather all of our friends and hand them note cards - one for red and one for white. They have to tell us the grape, nothing more. We, of course, give a generous pour and start the tasting. The white went well...we progressed from dry to sweet, most people were able to guess exactly what the grapes the wines were made from.

Then the red came. My friend B had been to a party earlier and was drinking before he even showed up. He comes up to me and he says, in moderately slurred words, "I am not so sure I did that well" and then he hands me this:
I laughed so hard I peed a little. We all laughed. In fact, this note card has been on my refrigerator for years and will never leave.

No comments: