Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dog Tornado

Can the universe please find a solution for being able to own dogs while simultaneously owning rugs? I have an elderly dog with a bad hip. If he looks at the hard wood floor, he falls, knocking his hip out of place, causing me to pay for yet another semester of college for my Vet's kids. So, I have rugs creatively placed all over my living room in order to prevent him from falling. See diagram below:
As you can see, my drawing using Paint is exceptional. So, there is this path of rugs through my house so that he doesn't fall. Well, I have another dog. A more evil dog, a dog that finds a way to undermine everything I do. When I get home from work, evil dog runs from the kitchen (where they are confined during the day) to the back door (somewhere near big ass rug. Oops forgot it!) back to the front door (the little slashy line by the rug at the front. I am awesome at labelling), and then finally stopping near the back door. This resembles some sort of rug store explosion in my living room. Carpet pads separated from their rugs, rugs bunched in the corner from flying through the air. There are rugs everywhere.

This is easy, right? I mean, certainly I cannot be the only one who accidentally adopted the devil at the pound. So, I try "carpet tape." Let me tell you something you probably didn't know about carpet tape. It has the adhesive capability of water. No problem, there's lots of solutions, right? I try those rug pad thingies. Eureka! It actually sticks to the rug AND the floor. We are making progress. However, they failed to put on the label "will not withstand dog tornado."

OK, this is a slightly minor example, but he INSISTED I post the one he was in. He would also like you to ignore the dog hair on the floor. Much appreciated. He will clean next time we post pictures.

I am out of solutions. And it's not like this happens once a day. It happens whenever a truck drives by, any of the neighbors are outside, anyone comes to the door, the other dog moves, he farts and startles himself, and, my favorite, when I have to pee. Heaven forbid he should not be RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR. Or, if I am lucky, he comes in and rests his head on my lap the whole time.

So, I might actually have to, you know, work to find a solution to this. Because the only solution I can come up with might decrease the resale value. Unless, of course the new buyers really like my rugs and never ever want to remove them.

No comments: