Monday, March 23, 2009

An (almost) week in review

Here are a few snippets that will give you a picture of the (almost) week since my last post, in no chronological order.

***

I was on a conference call today and a member of upper management on the call kept saying "we need to be consecutive on this." He said this multiple times and you could tell that everyone on the call was confused. 10 minutes later, he said "I mean consistent."

***

Saturday night, my dog kicked my Rubbermaid tub full of nail supplies down the stairs. This taught me several things:

  1. Nail polish dries much faster on carpet than it does on nails.

  2. Dry nail polish will not come out of carpet.

  3. Red nail polish on white carpet resembles a crime scene.

***

I watched the Tool Academy reunion. I did not think it possible, but they are actually bigger tools now than they were before the show. If my life had that much drama, I do not know how I would get out of bed in the morning.

***

I hiked for an unknown number of miles Saturday morning up what boyfriend called a mountain. I am going to go with 1000 ft hill. Semantics.

Boyfriend was walking along all Mr. Fitness. I, however, was panting and dying the entire way. This has taught me a very valuable lesson: hike with people who are in worse shape than you.

The number of miles is unknown because I believe I started hallucinating beer oasis's (is that even a word) around mile 3. I have been waddling ever since. So, if you see a duck-like woman muttering incoherently about beer and hills, have a little sympathy.

***

The sight of this has made me ridiculously happy for several days now.

***

A gallon of margaritas is far too much for two people. Also, when half asleep, please remember that the pitcher in the refrigerator is margaritas and not lemonade. I recommend some sort of flashing neon sign that says "ALCOHOL: DO NOT CONSUME FOR BREAKFAST." Unless, of course, you are a wake and drink kind of person, in which case, party on.

No comments: