Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Toast to Rockstar

Dear Rockstar,

I am your aunt Erratic. Can I call myself that? Yes? Awesome. I have never met your mom in person because we became friends in the strangest of ways, through our blogs. My blog is about inappropriate things and I say the word fuck a lot. You shouldn't say that word. Or read my blog. Your mom's blog is about you. The long journey to find you, the ups and downs and struggle it was for you to be The Rockstar. There was a lot of sad, a lot of happy, and a fair amount of beer along the way. And now you are almost here and nobody deserves you more than your mom and dad. They say good things come to those who wait. I don't know who "they" is and your parents certainly didn't deserve to have to wait one second, but they did. And you are good. And they are so happy to have you and I am so happy for them.

I remember reading the blog post when your mom announced that she was finally pregnant with you. There were tears streaming down my face. Tears for a woman that I have never met, but who has become such a part of my life. Your mom is awesome and I am so excited to see what is next for your little family. And I can't wait to finally get the chance to see your little face. And hopefully meet all of you one day.

So, here is to Rockstar. The long awaited gift to a very deserving family.

In honor of you, I have purchased this:

Because, well, if it wasn't about food, it just wouldn't be from me.

Love,

Your Aunt Erratic who didn't know what else to call herself for the purpose of this post so just went with that and can totally just go by that crazy bitch who blogs about food and her pets.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Um, I LOVE that onesie!! And you. And RockStar.

Jos said...

Mmmmm, bacon. :)

Thank you, Erratic, and you'd better believe we'll be meeting IRL someday! I love following your fuck filled foodie blog. It's good for the soul. :)