Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Today's Theme: Disappointment

Today we went to Universal Studios, not to be confused with Universal Island of Adventures where I lost my shit and almost hid in the shops in Hogsmeade and stayed there forever. Where Island of Adventures was a five star restaurant, Universal Studios was a cold cheeseburger from Applebees. That was overcooked. And used to wipe someone's ass.

I may be exaggerating a bit here, but it was just a huge let down. The first thing we did was Shrek 4D, which was a 3D movie and the chairs moved. Neat, you think. No. They just shook back and forth and it kind of hurt. Shrek was funny because, well, Shrek is funny. But, that was about it. Oh, and when Dragon sneezed, the seat in front of you sprayed you with water. Good times.


Then we did the Twister thing which was supposed to put you in the heart of a town being ripped apart by a Tornado. It was like standing in front of a fan and watching a tornado. Not good. Not good at all.

Then there was Jaws, which is like their signature dish. Except it sucked. It was a water ride and I literally had like two drops of water on my sunglasses. And the acting. OMG THE ACTING. It was awful. The boy and I looked at each other and were like, really? REALLY?

The Simpson's ride was pretty cool. Similar to what they did with Harry Potter and if it hadn't made us fall from the sky, I would have actually opened my eyes. Because holy balls I almost shit myself when it first started. Hence why I am not telling you about my rollercoaster experiences. Because I will shit myself.





The park was older and not as well kept up. Even the children's areas, which were my favorite shit in Island of Adventures, were mediocre. 

If you are going to spend the money, just go to Island of Adventures. Skip Universal. It is overrated and boring. Seriously.

I also got some pictures of City Walk, which is awesome. It is all the bars and restaurants and doesn't require park tickets to get in. If we hadn't spent every dime we have (over $300) on park tickets, we would have spent way more time there.


No comments: