Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

I work about 200 feet from an Irish Pub at an outdoor mall that had a pub crawl for St. Patrick's Day. Let's just say the night was interesting. If by interesting I mean drunken.

Walking into work, I witnessed a man old enough to be my father puking in the bushes in front of Starbucks. He gave me a thumbs up. My coworker witnessed a man puking in the parking garage. There was lots of puke.

On the first trash run of the night (oh, there were many) a man dressed like a leprechaun asked me to race him. He also had a neon green beard. I totally raced him. I won. He almost died.

A very drunk, very large man fell over on the sidewalk. His friend stripper danced on top of him in a flashing shamrock hat.

The dumpster glowed from the green bud light bottles, glow sticks, and various flashing paraphernalia.

Somebody puked on our very nice, very expensive wood floor. We sell $6 craft beers and $9 mixed drinks. Not exactly a puke on the floor kind of place.

We only scheduled one bar tender. WHAT THE FUCK, MAN? She almost died. Like 12 times.

I am sure that there were plenty other shenanigans I did not witness because I had to, you know, work. 

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Hope yours was puke free and full of lots of flashing shamrock accessories.

2 comments:

Jos said...

LOL - sounds like quite the night!!

Erratic said...

We have an open kitchen, so we could see out into the mall and it was hilarious. The parallel parking was my favorite. Everyday should be that entertaining at work.