Friday, March 25, 2011

Self Pity

Today I am feeling sorry for myself. It was bittersweet walking out of school today. One of my favorite Chef's gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and I almost burst into tears. I vowed to hold it together, to not cry. I didn't want to be that person. 

I cried the whole way home.

Last night, on my way home from work at 1:30 am, I hit a pot hole and my tire blew out, destroying the rim. I don't have money to fix it, really. That money was supposed to go to something else.

Because of my car thing, I was struggling to find a ride to the happy hour I planned to celebrate my last day of school. It ended up working out with me going to work with the boy for a while, which is not ideal, but a solution none the less.

I don't know why the culmination of these three things had me a blubbering, self pitying mess, but they did. I cried like a baby and now have to ice down my eyes so they aren't a puffy mess later. I always wonder if the hemorrhoid cream thing works...

I am going to go take a nap and stop fucking crying. I am going to put on my game face and drink with the people who love me and celebrate the end of a really awesome journey.

I am going to stop feeling sorry for myself.

1 comment:

Jos said...

Ugh, I hate when days go like that.

Put on your big girl panties and drink away your cares with your friends. :)