Monday, March 7, 2011

Breaking News: Erratic is erratic and nobody is surprised.

Gah! You guys, I am still alive. And well. And alive. Just busy and overwhelmed and the usual bullshit that surrounds my life. So, here is a quick update and I promise not to be such an ass pirate going forward. Unless you want me to be an ass pirate. Then I will be more of an ass pirate. I have lost all meaning of what an ass pirate is. Dear. Lord.

School is done in three weeks. What's that? You didn't hear me. THREE MOTHER FUCKING FUCK FUCK WEEKS. Three. Weeks. It's like, I don't even know. I feel a little lost. I feel ecstatic. I feel nostalgic. I feel...just...different. I did this. I never follow through on anything in my life ever. My life is cluttered with half read books, half finished crochet projects, half watched TV shows, half everything. Well, lots of finished books. That was a bad example. But, to my point, I fail at follow through. And I did this. I feel proud too. Yep, definitely proud.

I am also freaking out a little because now all I have is this job. This job that is not fine dining, that is not revolutionary food, that is not the food I want to cook. So, I am plotting how to keep that in my life while still making a living. I want to keep learning food, keep growing. 

I also want people, when discussing food, to always pronounce herb like the delicious plant and not Herb like the creepy trailer park guy who harasses you in front of Wal-Mart. ESPECIALLY if you are in the industry.

That is all.

I love you guys. I miss you guys. I am sorry that I am so, heh, erratic. The end is near.

1 comment:

Jos said...

YAY!!! Fuck yeah - I can't believe you're almost done! Congrats!

I love your food posts - makes me hungry every time. And on a weird note, my British acupuncturist says Herb like the creepy trailer park guy, so I'm thinking maybe that's the British English way of saying it? You don't know how many times I've had to resist asking her that. :)

Can't wait to hear about where your journey goes from here!!