Monday, July 20, 2009

Pride and Harry Potter

I love this site. However, this made me laugh out loud...and then made me ashamed because I honestly can't say that it wouldn't have worked on me in my single days.

(905): so I was like, you know platform 9 3/4? I know something else with those measurements. best. pick up line. ever.

Let's have a moment of silence for my pride...oh, wait, I am not done!

I went and saw the movie opening day with my dad, Krackle, and some other people I never talk about here. Not the midnight showing, because, I have some semblance of self control. Ha. I had an 8:30 am meeting.

However, I was sorely disappointed. Not in the movie, but in the fan hysteria. I saw ONE person in a T-shirt that said muggle. There was no one in a cape, hat, no wands, no gryffindor scarves. I have never actually gone to a midnight showing, but have always loved the mass hysteria this movie brings opening weekend. It is like going to a home game. It just unites people. You make random friends in the crowd. You start talking about how you liked the other movies, what your favorite book is while you shovel popcorn and drink soda, and sit on the dirty movie theatre floor waiting for them to FINALLY open the doors. Then you sit through the 2 hours at the edge of your seat, waiting for every favorite moment, hoping that they did the books justice and when it is all over, you are exhausted. And it takes everything you have to not get in line again and do it all overagain.

OK, maybe this is just me. Crap...I think the people with the white coats are coming to take me away again...

It was fun, the movie was amazing, but I missed the hysteria. Admittedly, most of the people sharing in this hysteria are rarely old enough to drink, but whatever. Don't judge. Everyone has their vice. We'll just pretend this is my only one.

Update: I have no idea what is going on with the font and spacing of this post and am too impatient to correct it. Sorry. I tried. Don't hate me.

No comments: