Monday, September 3, 2012

Demolition Zone

I am so sick of our bedroom. I can't even tell you how sick I am of our bedroom.

Construction started. Which is awesome in the sense that it is getting fixed. Not so awesome in the sense that our house is a total disaster. TOTAL DISASTER. Our  living room is in our dining room. The man loft is in our bedroom. Everything is covered in tarps and there is so much dust that I am taking allergy pills like candy. There are flies everywhere from doors being propped open. Which means I have an insane homicidal cat losing his shit trying to catch all the flies. Right now. Must. Kill. Flies.

So, the boy and I have pretty much been holed up in our bedroom for three days. My entire body hurts from laying in bed. Because there is nowhere else to go. When the guys are here working, the living room is covered in tarps. And I don't want to get in the way.


This is the progress thus far. As you can see it is slow going. And they are going to have to rip out the built ins and rebuild them because the fireplace sticks out so far now. Which is cool, because now we can floor to ceiling built ins. But, dear lord. I just want it over.


The taped off family room. And the living room in the dining room. My new home away from home at night when the guys aren't here. 

And did I mention that we can't turn on the air conditioning because of all of the dust? 

Only one more week. I can survive one more week.

No comments: