Sunday, August 19, 2012

My uterus has it's own brain, apparently.

So, this happened. And I apologize, but You Tube was being an ass hole and wouldn't let me embed the video, so I am just adding the link to the article. You are going to need to read it for the rest of this to make sense.

I am not going to go too much into this because, frankly, I feel like it is so obvious it doesn't even need to be said. Clearly, I am wrong. When did a bunch of white haired old men get to make decisions about my body and my reproductive rights? If you don't like the concept of birth control, fine. Don't take it. If you think the morning after pill is wrong, don't get a prescription for it. If you think that abortion is wrong, don't have one. If you don't like the idea of same sex marriage, then don't marry someone of your sex. The foundation of this country was built on the concept of agreeing to disagree. Land of the Free and shit. FREEDOM TO MAKE OUR OWN DECISIONS. You don't have to like it. 

But if you fucking think for one fucking second that a woman's body can prevent pregnancy in the case of rape, you are a fucking fuck idiot. You shouldn't be a politician. Your JOB is to be informed when having conversations on public television. And the bottom line is that there is absolutely no fucking way a woman's uterus can tell the difference between consensual and nonconsensual sex. THAT DEFIES LOGIC.

I don't give a fuck what political party you back...I really don't. If a democrat had said this I would be just as pissed. If this man gets elected, I am seriously going to consider never going into the state of Missouri again. 

Oops. I ranted. 

1 comment:

Ann said...

I am absolutely horrified that this monster is leading the polls in my home state. I am absolutely horrified for all the women who have been subjected to such brutality, that they have to listen to this bullshit. I am absolutely horrified that this is even a fucking political discussion.

My heart is breaking for the women in his family who have possibly gone through such horrors.

What the fuck is wrong with people.