Sunday, March 4, 2012

High school sucks, my cat loves me, and OBSESSION.

  1. I feel like I am inundating you guys with high school drama. But, I finally confronted that ass hole at work and said my peace. He agreed to keep his distance. So, we are civil and I get to keep my job. A large part of me still wants to run like my ass is on fire away from him, but I really love my job. And when I talked to some of my coworkers about leaving, it was clear that they love me too. It is always nice when the love goes both ways.
  2. NCH apparently likes me? At least for now? When the boy first left for Vegas, I never saw him. He was off doing whatever it is cats do. I say building nuclear weapons, you probably say chasing yarn. We'll agree to disagree. However, now he sits on my lap and actually lets me pick him up and pet him without trying to kill me! It feels like a trap.
  3. It's Restaurant Week again! I have two, kind of three, items on the menu. Roasted pork belly with maple gastrique, Thai mussels, and warm Brussels sprout salad. The owner did something different this time, though. He made ballots so that the diners get to vote on which menu item they like best. It is me versus the ass hole and the sous chef who is brilliant. (We were the only three who worked on the menu.) So, if you are in the area, stop in and eat! And vote for me! Dinner only. But, seriously, it would mean so much.
  4. The boy returned from Vegas sick. So, we have quarantined ourselves to separate parts of the house because this is NOT the week for me to get sick. Sore throats and coughing do not go well with cooking food.
  5. I am not sure if you have noticed, but when I start something, I become OBSESSED with it. Like, borderline crazy. I think about it, dream about it, it is everything. So, the past few weeks have been spent with me looking at houses, sending them to the boy who says we aren't ready to buy yet, to me looking at more houses, sending them to the boy, you get the picture. I have like 4 houses already decorated with our furniture. And I may or may not have already found the dining room table I want. And POSSIBLY already arranged all the furniture. I would like to note for the record that we haven't even LOOKED at any of these houses yet. 
  6. Last night, I went to dinner with my dad, stepmom, and their best couple friends. Now I didn't just accidentally end up the way that I am. At one point my father called me a cocksucker. To which I replied, "Dad, you probably shouldn't call your daughter a cocksucker." He got this puzzled look on his face, then, oh, comprehension. To which he replied, "Fuck it. You're all a bunch of cocksuckers." Keeping it classy, we are.
  7. It has been unseasonably warm. Until yesterday, I hadn't turned the heat on in my car in a month. I cranked the heat and was still shivering. What the hell? I turned it up higher. Still freezing. After about 15 minutes of shivering and trying to figure out what was going on, I looked down and saw that the air conditioner was on. Then I remembered that, yes, in fact, the last time I had air going in my car it was A/C. Today it snowed. It is supposed to be 60 on Wednesday. It is starting to freak me out a little bit.
  8. I think I have iPhone thumb. Is that a thing? I may or may not have played a gazillion "with friends" versions of games. I am obsessed. And the joint on my right thumb aches now. Dear. Lord.
  9. I want a house downtown with a porch and hardwood floors and a fireplace and a kitchen that has enough room for me to actually cook SO BAD. Obsessed. You guys. Obsessed. This is my current obsession. How cute is this house? Please send a bottle of wine, a therapist, an interventionist, and self control. Thanks.

10. I just finished a series of books that have left me...perplexed. Have any of you read the Witch and Wizard series by James Patterson? His Alex Cross novels are some of my favorite quick read crime novels...or as I call them...airport books. Because, well, you are not going to read Chaucer in the airport. But I don't know what to think of these books. They seem...terrible. Not Twilight terrible...just crime novel with magic written by someone who knows very little about the sci-fi world. There are rules, kind of. And this seems to defy them in a way I can't decide if I like or not. I need to discuss but know no one who has read them.

(somehow putting in that picture screwed up my bullet points. I apologize for them not lining up, but I have fucked with the HTML code for like an hour and I give up. I am sure it is easy to fix. You would think I was never a programmer for years or anything. FAILING AT LIFE.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cats are always working on something to over throw the world. If its not nuclear weapons, its something else.

Co-workers can suck it. My co-worker and I have been grounded, yes literally grounded by our boss. But that's what happens when we fight like siblings.

Mother Nature has gone off her meds and is having some serious mood swings. Snow all weekend, tomorrow 55. She's a nutter.