Sunday, July 3, 2011

Neil Catrick goes to the vet...again

Neil was back at the vet for a sedation and more tests last Thursday. Right after Kobi died, he freaked and started peeing everywhere. I talked about the first round of sickness here

We thought we were through this, that he just freaked out because of Kobi. It is apparently really common for cats to give themselves urinary problems when under stressful situations. 

So, here we are again. Wednesday night he was peeing blood. On the carpet. Lovely. I took him back Thursday morning and paid a small fortune in vet bills to have them run the same tests as last time, plus all of the things I opted out of for financial reasons. 

On a side note, I know a lot of people have said bad things about Banfield Pet Hospitals and their wellness plans. Thursday alone, my bill would have been almost $1200 if I did not have the wellness plan. With the wellness plan, $332. Yes, you wait for a long time and there is a plethora of pet hair that makes me sneeze the whole time I am there. But, the vets remember my pets and I even got condolences on Kobi , as one vet asked how he was doing. I can't recommend enough doing this for your pets. It makes routine care SO easy and SO affordable. That is, if you have them in your area. I know most of you may not.

Anywho...I got there and he was behaving as usual, hissing and growling at everyone while cuddling up to me. It is the only time he likes me, so I admit, I kind of enjoy it. I am a terrible person. They sedated him and that was that. When the boy picked him up, they found something on the abdominal X-Ray, but it was inconclusive so it had to be sent out.

24 hour later, we discover that he has a bladder stone too large to pass on his own. Little Neil Catrick has to have bladder surgery! I won't even tell you how much it is going to cost. Or what we have to go through during recovery. I will save that for another post, where in I have a nervous breakdown. 

He goes in Thursday morning and will be in surgery for a few hours and picked up Thursday night. I am scared something is going to happen between now and then. I am really scared something is going to happen during surgery. I am terrified that he is going to play with Short Dog and rip out his stitches. Gah! I want to put him in a bubble.

I don't know how people have real kids. As much as I worry about my furry ones, I feel like I would never let them leave the house! 

I will keep everyone posted on the little guy. Hopefully everything goes as planned.

No comments: