Thursday, February 10, 2011

I do, in fact, like Primus. But that really isn't the point, now is it?

I have had a song in my head for two weeks. Two weeks of the same two lines of a song that I couldn't identify. Two weeks of it going through my head over and over and over. 

I am sitting on the couch watching Top Chef and the lyrics pop in my head again and I think, dude, I should blog about this because it is SO my life that this song has been in my head for two weeks and I have done nothing to try to figure out:

  1. What song it is.
  2. The rest of the lyrics.
I have told nobody about this, just sort of going through the paces with the following lyrics in my head:

"Hi kids, do you like primus? Do you want to stick nine inch nails through each one of your eyelids?"

So, clearly I have to figure out what the actual song is in order to write about it, so I google the lyrics and discover that I fail at life. 

It is Eminem's "My Name Is" and the lyrics are "Hi kids, do you like violence?"

Two things you should know about me:
  1. When this album came out, I listened to it for possibly six months straight.
  2. I know every single word to this song. 
Two weeks it has been in my head. TWO WEEKS and I couldn't figure out what it was. I was prepared to write, ha ha, look at this totally random song that is in my head. But, no. It is a song that I know every single word to. 

People, my life is even falling apart IN MY BRAIN. My. Brain. 

Six weeks. Just six weeks and I am done with culinary school. Then my brain will be back and I will remember songs I used to love. I promise. And if I don't, well, welcome to life with a really, really big dumbass.

No comments: