Sunday, September 12, 2010

I am not a hippie, but this country is full of ass holes.

You know how I always say I don't want to talk politics on this blog and then I go right on and do it anyway because it's my blog? I am about to do that again. I am not even sure this is a political issue as much as a social issue. And when I discuss social/political issues, I stay away from the "I am right, you are wrong" mentality because I try hard not to be an asshole. Even if I think you are wrong, it is your right to be wrong.

On this issue, though, if you don't agree with me, you are wrong. Very wrong.

The issue is building a mosque near ground zero. To be exact, the issue is people who have an issue with it. I don't understand. A handful of really bad people from the same cultural background did a really bad thing. I do not understand how this means that all Muslims are evil and bad. Muslims died in the towers too. Or does no one realize that? They have every single fucking right to worship near the sight of that tragedy. Just as much of a right as anyone else.

Here's the thing. It's discrimination. It's not right. And it pisses me off.

Maybe I am a closet hippie or something, but why all the hate? Why is it so hard to just accept that we are all different and that is OK?

Let them worship wherever they see fit. It is their right and I don't want to live in a country where they can't. It makes me stabby. Which is probably proof that I am not a closet hippie.

2 comments:

Big Jed said...

I feel the exact same way, my stabby friend.

Ann said...

Me too. Absolutely.