Friday, June 4, 2010

Stab. Stab. STAB. STAB. STAB.

So, I don't understand people. Two things have happened today that have just pissed me off to the point where I, well, want to stab them.

First, there is this guy at work who is looking for another job. He has a degree in mechanical engineering and my dad is the VP of Operations at a company that hires people with such degrees. So, I did him a favor and made "the call" and got him an interview. I am fairly certain that my recommendation will get him the job. I am not trying to sound like a conceited ass hole here, but my dad has worked there since I was 4. There are pictures of me hanging in the hallway from company picnics that chronicle my childhood. In fact, one of the people he met with when filling out the application asked about culinary school and what sweets I had brought them. (I drop off my creations alternately at my dad's work, Big Jed and Krackle's work, and the boy's work.)

So, today he comes in and starts telling me about how excited he is about the interview. No thank you, which I found completely rude. THEN he proceeds to be a dick to me because of stupid work shit that really had nothing to do with me. I was done early, he was not. He was pissed I didn't stay to help him and ate dinner with someone he hates. I said goodbye to him and he ignored me and walked right past me.

Second incident. My sister sends me a message on Facebook bitching about how I haven't sent her the pictures the boy took at her wedding. Pictures we were not asked to take, but did. Pictures that, for all intents and purposes, were for our own personal use. But her photographer sucked, so we said we would send her what we had. I get that the wedding was 3 weeks ago,but I have barely had any time to function. I have been so busy with school and work and finding a new job and just life in general. There are 600 pictures to go through. I get that she is excited and it was her wedding, but she didn't ask nicely. Her exact words, "So, anytime you can get around to that would be great."

Maybe I am just being sensitive today. I don't know. But, is it so hard to say please and thank you? Is it so hard to say, hey, you did a nice thing for me and I appreciate it? Or am I just being whiny and bitchy and need to just shut the fuck up?

No comments: