Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Um.

So...I have a job. I mean, not my current job. A new job. That works with my culinary school schedule. It is a bullshit entry level call center job. Tech support. I am ridiculously over qualified. But, you know what is awesome? It is new. It means this is really happening. It means I have to give notice. It means that I am actually going to fucking do this. It means that I am fortunate enough to live my dream, to love what I do and do what I love.

I am so scared.

I am going to be making $10.50/ hr. HOLY MOTHER OF SHIT THAT IS NOTHING. I have no idea what I make hourly now, but I know that I started at my current company, June 10, 2002 at $10.26/ hr. My salary has more than doubled.

The hours? I work until 1 am. I should get used to that, though. Chef's don't exactly work 9 - 5.

I don't care. Not even a little. I am living my dream. I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing. This has been, so...well, easy. And so right. I don't even know how to be excited. Or happy. Or anything other than the blank, horrified stare that has permanently found a place in my expression. I am walking away from everything for this. I am changing everything about my life for this. I couldn't be happier.

2 comments:

Big Jed said...

You already know this, but.... I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!! And again, I will totally eat your homework.

Brutalism said...

Awesome. Congrats and good for you and enjoy!