Saturday, June 27, 2015

#LoveWins

Lately, I have really just hated the world. School shootings, church shootings, people treating each other like total shit. It has just felt like I live in this little bubble where I am surrounded by like minded people and then the bubble burst and I realized the world was utter shit.

Then yesterday happened. I was at work and my phone was BLOWING THE FUCK UP in my pocket. I snuck into the office to make sure someone hadn't died and I saw it. 

Gay marriage is legal in all fifty states. The supreme court did the exact opposite of what I expected. I honestly forgot it was even a thing until I saw my phone because I was just so sure it wouldn't pass.

I silently squeeled, put my phone away and then went about my day. 

Cut to 8 hours later and I am home sitting on the couch reading facebook. I honestly sighed before I opened facebook because I was prepared for all of the backlash. I expected hate and anger and a lot of me hitting "unfriend," because I simply don't have time for hate, I don't care who you are.

And here is what I saw...

"When I came out at 16, the only thing my mom worried about was me not being able to have a "normal" life. Mom, I wish you were here to see this. History. Happiness. Equality"

"I waited with a group of people at (insert local gay bar) for the decision from the supreme court. When we saw the news, everyone hugged and kissed and I have never felt so happy or so free in my entire life. I will never forget what that felt like."

"Pride should have been this weekend instead of last because today we can actually be proud of our country."

"Guys! There has been a rainbow in the sky for an hour in North Carolina. The heavens approve of marriage equality day"

The hash tag #LoveWins was all over facebook. Nobody was saying anything negative, my feed was full of pure joy and happiness. 

The white house was lit up by rainbow lights. 

I have been crying for two days. Pure tears of joy. 

I know there is a lot of bad out there, but fucking shit we needed this good. 

2 comments:

Jos said...

I literally did not see ONE negative comment on my FB feed about this. It was blown away and SO HAPPY to realize that. #LoveWins

mybkexperience said...

I found this on internet and it is really very nice.
An excellent blog.
Great work!