Monday, January 28, 2013

I have absolutely no title for this

I start the new job tomorrow. I spent about an hour on the phone with the executive chef tonight going over a menu for a baby shower we are catering on Saturday. It just confirmed this decision was the right one to make. There is nothing more rewarding than someone coming to you with an idea, like pulled chicken sandwich, and you spit ball ideas back and forth and end at a curried pulled chicken sandwich with apple and jicama slaw. This is what it is all about. 

I have spent the past two days, mostly today, fine tuning this crock pot meal business idea. I have 17 crock pot meals that I am going to be testing over the next few months. Beware, if you live locally, I may show up at your door with a frozen bag of food and a comment card. Seriously. It may happen.

Mostly I have been reconciling with leaving the old job. I admit I cried in the parking lot after I left. Just a little, but still. Those people became my family. Everyone took me out for drinks and it was a good time. 

I am very excited for something new. 

I need to keep telling myself that. I found myself texting work today to see how it went. Old work. It's rare for me to leave a job when I am not absolutely 100% ready. And I was ready in a sense, but I don't know. I am kind of sad. 

And then excited.

Then sad.

My head is kind of a terrible place to be right now. So, tomorrow. It all begins tomorrow.

Sorry I have been so absent. I promise to try to do better. I seem to be saying that a lot lately. Blah. Is it Spring yet?

No comments: