Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More Explanation

So, I clearly got a tattoo. On my wrist. That I love. And, no, I am not a Kiss fan and this is not a Gatorade commercial or any other fucked up bullshit that people have said to me. Apparently, hey, I am happy you are happy is too hard. You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree with my decision. But, bottom line, I can't change it. And I don't want to. So, shut the fuck up. 

Whew. I feel better. Here is the thing...I am sick of fitting in for the sake of fitting in. I am not like everyone else, I love tattoos. I want a lot more. I am really, really comfortable with who I am. And I am sick of people having a comment or opinion on everyone who doesn't fit into their mold of what a person should look/act like. I like who I am. The people who I love, like who I am. That's all that really matters.

***

Monday night, the boy and I went to what has been coined the best restaurant in town. It is a classic French restaurant with a steep price. I have a secret soft spot for French food because, well, culinary school. Also, it's not so secret. I started the meal with an Escargot and mushroom terrine which was just...I don't have words. I wanted to lick the plate. The boy had a Mesculin Salad, which was a salad, nothing new to report there. He got the veal flank steak with scalloped potatoes and haricots vert. I got the blue cheese stuffed pork loin with fresh tomato pasta and THE BEST CORN EVER. You guys, I don't even really like corn. This shit was fucking amazing. All of it was fucking amazing. I wanted to die on the table eating this food.

Plus, there was the boy and I. Things are rough with my schedule and we don't spend a lot of time together. When we do, it tends to be rushed or filled with that awkward list of things to do over the next week. 

Have you ever seen the episode of Sex and the City where Carrie talks about how good her and Berger are at restaurants? That is what it felt like. We laughed and for the first time in a really long time, had a relaxing and amazing evening together. I loved every fucking second of it. I wanted to curl up in that night and never leave.

The food....the company...the body art....what a Monday. An amazing, amazing Monday.

No comments: