Hi! Once again I find myself apologizing for my absence. Yeesh. I have been insanely busy and a thousand other excuses. I'm sorry.
I would say Happy Valentines Day, but fuck Valentines Day. Not because it is a Hallmark holiday that I found extremely cheesy. Not because I am the most unromantic person that has ever existed. Because in the restaurant industry, Valentines Day is a giant pain in the ass. Special menus, over staffing or under staffing, people who don't normally go out to eat, going out to eat...just a nightmare. New Years Eve and Valentines Day are known for the shitty tips, the unreasonable demands, just a general bad day for the people who are stuck there doing all the work.
So, Happy Thursday. I hope you have a great Thursday where you stayed in and rented a movie and ordered a pizza. If you went out, I hope you tipped well and were not a total pain in the ass.
The job is looking up. I am starting to get my groove there, learning the ropes, and the staff seems to be starting to warm up to me. I don't feel so useless. I hate feeling useless. I can work their saute station (always the hardest station in a restaurant) solo now, so I can jump in and pretty much do whatever the situation needs. For a while, it felt like I was just standing off to the side watching everyone else scramble and feeling stupid.
The food is starting to grow on me a little bit. It's not as bad as I thought, I just really really hate Italian food. It is so rarely done well and this is done OK. I am excited to start improving the food because it really could be good. Now it is on par with a slightly better version of Olive Garden. Blech. I finally got them to stop prepping stuff fresh and then freezing it (?!?!?!)
I still like the drive, although I have had a few traffic incidents that took my drive time from 30 to 60 minutes. Not awesome. The drive gives me a lot of time to think and I always have stuff I want to tweet, but I refuse to text and drive. So I am going to share them with you all!
8 things I wish I would have tweeted but didn't:
- "'Women are such terrible drivers' tweets the woman driving next to me who has almost hit me twice."
- "Breaking News: Slow Speed Chase. Cop Baffled by man driving on the wrong side of the highway going 15 mph" (this actually happened today)
- "Somebody please explain the correlation between driving and picking your nose. WE SEE YOU. AND YOU WIPED IT ON YOUR SHIRT."
- "I really wish I lived in a world where I could drink a forty on my half hour drive home. Like the 'we'll look the other way if it's your first beer' law."
- "'OH MY GOD THERE IS A CAR IN THE MEDIAN, SLOW DOWN AND STARE' says everyone ever driving ever."
- "I never would have believed you if you said today I would wake up and watch someone drive a rascal down the side of the highway. Yet, here I am."
- "'Hey Earl! My pick up truck has bigger tires than your pick up truck!' "Yeah, Junior, but mine has Calvin peeing on Hobbes!'"
- "'Don't cry like a bitch when you feel the pain' may be my new favorite song lyric. I definitely should not tell anyone this"